Version: February 2023
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined as per below “Definitions”. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions:
“Account Registration Process” – means the activity of a Customer to open a Razer Account by entering their personal data, conducting a verification process of the entered data (“KYC”) and accepting these terms and conditions.
“Applicable Law” means all applicable legislation, regulations and any and all directives and/or guidelines of any applicable or competent regulatory or governmental authority or any settlement, banking or payment network relating to a Party’s obligations under and/or pursuant to this Agreement.
“Company/Us/TWBS” – this means, TWBS Limited, a company duly incorporated in Malta, with corporate number C96635 and its registered at Centris Business Gateway II, Level 3, Suite D, Triq is-Salib tal-Imriehel, Zone 3, Central Business District, Birkirkara. CBD3020, Malta.
“Complaint” – means an expressed dissatisfaction with a product or service. Complaints can be filed following the procedure outlined in our Complaints Policy.
“Customer Services”- means the TWBS Customer Services team available under the indicated Email address, phone number or other contact channel as indicated on our website.
“Customer/User/You” – means a person who buys goods or services using the Razer Gold Voucher, holds a Razer Account or in any other way interacts with the Razer Gold Voucher.
“EEA” – European Economic Area, including Switzerland and the UK.
“Fee” – means any charge payable by you for any service provided by the Company and listed under clause 10 (“Fees”)
“Inactivity Fee” – has the meaning as outlined in clause 10 (“Fees”)
“Online Resellers” – means independent Online Shops that carry and sell the Razer Gold Vouchers to Customers.
“PIN” – means a unique (alpha)-numerical value on a Razer Gold Voucher that holds the Vouchers data set (Voucher value, Voucher currency) and corresponds with a unique serial number. The PIN is the element that is used by a Customer in a payment process.
“POS Partners” – means independent, physical retail locations that sell the Razer Gold Vouchers to Customers.
“Razer Gold Voucher” – means a voucher with a unique value that customers purchase and use for making online payments at gold.razer.com, or any other store/website supporting the Razer Gold voucher and as communicated from time to time.
“Razer Gold Customer Account” – means an online account which customer opens by concluding a registration procedure. Its purpose is to serve as the user interface for customer identification, for Voucher management and customer support. The account is not a payment account by the definitions of the European Payment Services Directive 2 (PSD2).
“Serial number”- means a second unique value that is a visible element of the Razer Gold Voucher. The serial will allow the issuer or its connected parties to obtain additional information about the individual Voucher like the issuing date, redemption site, expiration date or remaining balance. The Serial Number is an element that cannot be used for redemption.
“Terms and Conditions” – the information contained in this document and published on the Website and as may be amended from time to time.
“Voucher” – means a monetary value product where customers credit is stored. It can be electronical or physical format such as a paper voucher.
“Website” – means a website of Razer or another third-party where the Razer Gold Vouchers are accepted.
“Web shop” – means gold.razer.com website, or other supported websites that support the Razer Gold Voucher as means of payment to the affect that Customers can use the Vouchers to pay for goods and services.
- Acknowledgement and scope of these Terms
- These Terms and Conditions are between us (TWBS Limited) and you (Customer).
- TWBS Limited acts as the issuer of the Razer Gold Voucher and Razer Gold Account Service across the EEA territory, including Switzerland and the United Kingdom. Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully as they regulate how we offer and deliver the Razer Gold Voucher (“Voucher”) and Razer Gold Customer Account (“Razer Account”) Services to You. Both referred to in text as “Razer Service(s)” or “Service(s)”. The Services are delivered in correspondence with these Terms and by using the Services, you explicitly accept these Terms and Conditions.
- We may amend these Terms and Conditions if we reasonably consider it necessary to do so. If we do, we shall give you prior notice before such change is made (e.g., by sending an email to the primary email address registered with your Razer Customer Account). All notices and changes will also be posted here, so you should regularly check the website for such notices and changes. It is agreed that you shall be deemed to have consented to the modification if you do not indicate your rejection in writing before the proposed date of entry into force of the modification of the revised Terms and Conditions. If you do not object to the modifications in writing within 1 (one) month of the notification, the modifications shall be deemed to have been accepted and shall become an effective part of our contract. You are entitled to terminate our contract before the date of entry into force of the modification with immediate effect. Please refer to Section 8 for further information on the procedure for contract termination. Simply expanding the functionality or introducing new services shall not constitute a contract amendment.
- These Terms and Conditions are valid from the 15th March 2023 and shall remain valid for as long until the Company has officially announced and published a revised version.
- By purchasing or using a Razer Gold Voucher you are agreeing to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- General Provisions
- Our cooperation with Razer Pty Lte: We have entered into a brand sponsoring with Razer Pty Lte, the owner of the Razer & Razer Gold brands, rights and trademarks. The Razer Gold Voucher and Account Service are a designated prepaid payment voucher product exclusively for payments for video gaming related products and services.
- Razer Pty Lte is not involved in the actual issuing or operation of the Razer Gold Voucher itself.
- Razer Gold Voucher and Razer Gold Customer Account
- The Razer Gold Voucher is a prepaid voucher which enables you to perform online payments at supported video gaming & video entertainment websites such as gold.razer.com. Each voucher is allocated its own unique Personal Identification Number („PIN“). You may use the Razer Voucher only with the supported online shops as indicated from time to time.
- The Razer Gold Account is a personal account which allows you to manage your purchased Razer Gold Vouchers conveniently in one place. The Razer Gold Account itself cannot be used for payments; therefore, it is not a Payment Account (As defined under the European Payment Services Directive 2). The Razer Gold Account is automatically created after you have successfully concluded the registration and can be accessed using a username and a password that you have chosen when creating the Razer Gold Account. Optionally, you can add additional protection to your Razer Account by enabling a second-factor authorization feature. Features linked with your Razer Account are the for example following: activation of purchased Razer Gold Voucher(s); storage of the Razer Gold Vouchers (PINs); purchase of new Vouchers through the Account; Voucher balance check; transaction history overview; customer support contact.
- It might be necessary to activate a Razer Gold Voucher within the Razer Account by clicking the corresponding activation button before you can use the Voucher for making a payment with a supported online shop.
- Purchase and use of the Voucher
- Razer Vouchers can be purchased from online (“Online Resellers”) or physical retailers (“POS Partners”).
- Online Resellers often apply a surcharge onto the Voucher value. This surcharge is at the sole discretion of the individual Online Reseller. The surcharge is not set by TWBS and TWBS does not benefit economically from any such surcharge. Complaints regarding such surcharges applied by Online Resellers need to be directed and addressed directly with the respective Online Reseller.
- If the Voucher is an active Voucher you can use it straight away without any further activation steps. If the purchased Voucher is delivered as inactive Voucher, you need to follow the steps for activating the Voucher prior to usage, by opening a Razer Gold Account and verifying your personal details.
- One Customer is allowed on Razer Gold Account. You are not permitted to open more than one Razer Gold Account. Regardless of the number of Vouchers you purchased, you can only use one Razer Gold Account to store them. The Razer Account is associated with your name, DOB, email and phone number.
- The Purchase of the Voucher may be subject to limits due to security and legal requirements. These limits are set dynamically depending on your verification status. These limits can be viewed at any time in the relevant section of your Razer Account profile.
- When you pay using your Voucher you will be asked to provide the 20-digit PIN. Upon entering the PIN, you irrevocably authorise the Web shop to deduct the funds immediately from your Voucher for the product/service.
- Each payment you make with your Voucher will decrease the balance of your Voucher by the corresponding payment amount. You may use your Voucher as often as you like to pay for goods and services up to the total value of the Voucher. In case of combining several Vouchers during a payment, we will only authorise such payment request if the combination of all Vouchers is sufficient to cover the payment amount. The maximum number of Vouchers that can be combined in any payment transaction is 3 (three).
- All information and details you provide during the registration process, or any time thereafter must be accurate and truthful. In case provided information have been changed you hold the sole responsibility to inform us immediately about the changes to keep your information updated.
- It is prohibited to sell, trade in, or purchase a Voucher via unauthorised internet platforms. If in doubt, please contact us to inquire about the authorised online resellers available, or for purchases at a physical location, use the online Razer Gold store locator.
- The Vouchers are generally non-refundable.
- Should you experience any issues with the Vouchers or the Razer Account, please contact our customer services team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You are required to keep the Voucher PIN and the login credentials of your Razer Account secure. TWBS excludes any and all liability of loss or damages resulting from unauthorised access and/or usage of the Voucher or the Account. It is your exclusive obligation to ensure no unauthorised party obtains access to the Voucher PIN or credentials. Remember the PIN equals cash – whoever has access to the PIN has access to the value stored under this PIN. Please see further clause 6.
- Maintenance of the Voucher and the Razer Account
- It is your sole responsibility to ensure that the information recorded during the registration on your Razer Account is always up to date and accurate. We shall not be liable for any loss arising out of your failure to do so. We may ask you at any point in time to confirm the accuracy of your information or to provide documents or other supporting evidence. You are obliged to follow our requests in terms of continuing to use the Services.
- We may communicate with you by email or phone (or other indicated communication channel) with information or notices regarding your Razer Account. It is your responsibility to routinely check the proper functioning of your email account or other methods of communication that you have registered with your Razer Account and to retrieve and read messages and correspondence relating to your Razer Account promptly. We shall not be held liable for any loss arising out of any negligence on your part to perform this duty.
- Voucher uploads into the Razer Account and all transactions are displayed in your online transaction’s history screen together with the applicable fees charged, if any. Each transaction is given a unique transaction reference ID and shown in the transaction history. To deal promptly with any transaction related query, it is recommended that you quote this transaction reference number when contacting us.
- Voucher and Razer Account security and protection
- You must always keep your Voucher PIN safe and never disclose it for any reason. We will never ask you to provide your Voucher PIN to us or to a third party. All transactions made using your Voucher PIN will be treated as being authorised by you. Any message you receive or website you visit that asks for your PIN, other than the Razer Gold website, should be reported immediately to us. If you are in doubt whether a website is genuine and legitimate, you should contact Customer Services.
- Access to your Razer Account and Voucher PINs stored within is only possible using your email which you have provided during the registration process together with a password, which should always be kept safe and not shared with any third parties.
- If you have any indication or suspicion of your Voucher PIN, Razer Account login details, password or other security feature being lost, stolen, used without authorisation, or otherwise compromised, you are advised to contact Customer Services without undue delay and to change your Razer Account password immediately. Any undue delay in notifying us may not only affect the security of your Voucher or Razer Account but may result in you being liable for any losses as a result. You should also contact the police and report the incident.
- We reserve the right to suspend your Voucher and Razer Account or otherwise restrict its functionality on reasonable grounds relating to the security of the Razer Account or any of its security features or if we reasonably suspect that an unauthorised or fraudulent use of your Razer Account has occurred or that any of its security features have been compromised. We will notify you of any suspension or restriction and of the reasons for such suspension or restriction in advance or, where we are unable to do so, immediately after the suspension or restriction has been imposed, unless notifying you would be unlawful or compromise our reasonable security interests. We will lift the suspension and/or the restriction as soon as practicable after the reasons for the suspension and/or restriction have ceased to exist.
- If we think your Razer Account is at risk of fraud or a security threat, we will use the fastest and most secure way of contacting you using the details you have provided to tell you what you need to do to help deal with that risk.
- You must take all reasonable care to safeguard and protect your email account and ensure you can access it personally, as your email address may be used to reset passwords or to communicate with you about the security of your Razer Account. In case your email address registered with your Razer Account is compromised, you should without undue delay after becoming aware of this contact Customer Services and contact your email service provider.
- Irrespective of whether you are using a public, a shared or your own computer to access your Razer Account, you must always ensure that your login details are not stored by the browser or cached or otherwise recorded. You should never use any functionality that allows login details or passwords to be stored by the computer and / or device you are using.
- Closing your Razer Account
- You may close your Razer Account at any time by contacting Customer Service at email@example.com.
- If your Razer Account at the time of its closure holds Voucher PINs with remaining balance on it, we will request you to use the remaining funds before you close the Account. Your obligations and duties with regards to keeping your Voucher PINs and Razer Account login data safe as set forth in Section 6 shall continue to apply.
- Should you decide to close your Razer Gold Account whilst still having stored active Vouchers in it, such Vouchers might become void and you will lose the balance held on these Vouchers. Please ensure that you first use any such Vouchers before requesting Account closure. A refund of the Vouchers is excluded.
- Termination and suspension
8.1 We may at any time suspend or terminate our relationship without notice if:
- you breach any condition of these Terms and Conditions or any other condition applicable to the Services.
- you violate or we have reason to believe that you are in violation of any law or regulation that is applicable to your use of our Services; or
- we have reason to believe that you are in any way involved in any fraudulent activity, money laundering, terrorism financing or other criminal activity.
8.2 We may suspend our relationship with you at any time if:
- we reasonably believe that your Voucher or Razer Account have been compromised or for other security reasons; or
- we reasonably suspect that your Voucher or Razer Account have been used or are being used without your authorisation or fraudulently; and we shall notify you either prior to the suspension or, if prior notification is not possible under the circumstances, promptly after the suspension unless we are prohibited by law to notify you.
- Your Voucher is denominated in a currency of your choice, as selected by you from the available currencies when purchasing the Voucher. Important: you can choose your Voucher currency exclusively when purchasing Voucher from an authorized Online Reseller, whereas if purchasing from a physical retailer (referred as points of sale – POS Partners) only local currency shall be available.
- Any purchase with the Voucher issued in one currency can be used for a payment in any other currency (“Transaction Currency”) subject to a currency exchange being automatically applied during the payment. The applicable exchange rate is listed under clause 10 (“Fees”). The exchange rate used and the amount that will be debited from the Voucher will also be shown at the time of the transaction.
- Fees and Expiration
- The following fees will apply:
- There is no expiration date
- A 2 EUR (or equivalent amount in the applicable Voucher currency) is deducted as Inactivity Fee on all Vouchers that have a balance that hasn’t been used and inactive for 12 months. This means in practicality that EUR 2 would be deducted from inactive Vouchers in the 13th month of the inactivity. This deduction shall then continue on a monthly basis until either the balance is used up or the Voucher is used again (which resets the inactivity cycle for another 12 months).
- Currency exchange surcharge according to Section 9. Any cross-currency transaction is subject to an exchange rate. We use the daily exchange rates sourced from openexchangerates.org and apply a 1.99% mark-up, regardless of currency pair.
- Limitation of Liability
- Razer is not liable if your Razer Voucher is lost, stolen, destroyed or used without your permission. Razer is not liable for any failure of Voucher to function in the manner described in these Terms and Conditions caused by a third party such as the failure of the internet, of a computer, mobile or other device used to access the internet, or of an internet service or mobile network provider.
- If you are affected by something which is our fault, we will only be responsible for loss you suffer as a direct result up to a maximum of the balance on the Voucher and not for any other losses (for example, loss of reputation or indirect losses).
- In the case of a payment that was incorrectly executed due to an error by us, we shall, as soon as practicable, and at our sole discretion either
- issue you with a new Voucher PIN or,
- transfer to your bank account the payment amount including all fees deducted therefrom and we may ask you for proof of identification and bank details (as necessary).
This shall not apply, and you shall be responsible for all losses on the Voucher:
- if you have acted fraudulently or compromised the security of your Voucher(s) or Razer Account with intent or gross negligence; or
- if you fail to dispute and bring the incorrectly executed transaction to our attention within 13 months from the date of the transaction.
- In the case of any incorrect or misdirected payment, we shall take reasonable and proportionate measures to assist you with tracing and recovering such payments.
- Subject to the foregoing, we shall not be liable for any disruption or impairment of our service or for disruptions or impairments of intermediary services on which we rely for the performance of our obligations hereunder, provided that such disruption or impairment is due to abnormal and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our reasonable control, or the control of the intermediary affected.
- We shall not be liable for any indirect or consequential losses including but not limited to loss of profit, loss of business and loss of reputation. We shall not be liable for any losses arising from our compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall operate to exclude liability for death or personal injury due to negligence or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation or for any statutory liability that cannot be excluded or amended by agreement between the parties.
- We are not liable to you for any losses caused by force majeure, civil unrest, war, natural disasters or other events beyond our reasonable control.
- We do not guarantee the permanent availability of the Services, in particular the availability of the systems of our distribution partners and intermediary platforms.
- Online Assistance and Customer Support.
For online assistance with an eventual Razer Voucher issue, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- You explicitly consent to us accessing, processing, and retaining any information you provide to us, for the purposes of providing the Services to you. This does not affect our respective rights and obligations under data protection legislation. You may withdraw this consent by cancelling your Razer Account. If you withdraw consent in this way, we will cease using your data for this purpose, but may continue to process your data for other purposes where we have other lawful grounds to do so, such as where we are legally required to keep records of transactions.
- Dispute Resolution and Complaints Process
- If you like to file a complaint with us you can follow our complaints policy and process available on our TWBS.eu website. You will find response times and escalation procedure within the complaints policy.
- Governing law
These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of Malta and the Maltese Courts will deal with any legal proceedings between us. Mandatory consumer protection provisions in your country of residence remain valid/applicable. Communications and notifications shall be made in English language.